giovedì, ottobre 05, 2006

Fash Flash

I've been watching a lot of Fashion TV lately...pretty much ever since I figured out fer sure what channel it was. Things are lookin' pretty good for the next couple of seasons, I reckon! I think my favourite collection was, of course, Dolce & Gabbana, but that comes as no surprise as they're pretty much my favourite designers in general. I'm not sure if it was spring/summer or fall/winter, but whatever. About half the show had kind an aristorcatic/equestrian theme, with high-collared white shirts, and jackets and riding pant-like bottoms with brocade trim and buttons. Quite good lookin'! They had one of the outfits in the window in the Dolce & Gabbana store in Capri, and though it was safely out of my price range, I must say that covet it I did. Still do. The other half of the show were these marvelously elegant dresses that I quite liked, though not as much as the pants-ensembles.

I only saw the backstage coverage of Heatherette, but from what was shown, their new stuff looks to be pretty marvelous, as usual. They had a bunch of the models in these cute blonde wigs that looked anything but natural, but I have a feeling that "natural" wasn't exactly the look they were going for. The designers looked pretty snazzy themselves, gold roller skates and all.

Chanel was gorgeous as always, and Chloé had some pretty elegant things, mostly staying in the gray colour scheme, but they didn't come across as dull. John Galliano's work was a bit overshadowed by grotesquely huge hair, which was disappointing. One collection...god, who was it...I wasn't too keen on at all. I don't know what his inspiration was, perhaps Africa and African Explorers, but the result was an unwearable, even on the gorgeous models, mix of bright colour blocks, khaki, mirrored aviator shades, and these strange, small, tight, shiny, safari hats.

In general, spring/summer seems to be leaning towards short hemlines [of course] with floaty dresses, and loose, cuffed shorts. I like it! It's a good thing that I can't afford any of it, 'cause I wouldn't be able to pull it off anyway. Fall/winter is more along the lines of dark colours [yay!], long dresses with sweeping hemliines, and a fur contingent. Very Elegant.

Ugh, I'm so retarded.

This is Bee Electric, Faux Fashion Reporter, signing off.
Xoxo

Nessun commento: