mercoledì, marzo 07, 2007

So far away...doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore...

Yuck...I am feeling pretty wretched today...I few days ago I had a bit of a sore throat which has since developed into a full fledged, body wrackin', phlegm bubblin' hack of a cough. It feels as bad as it sounds and it sounds awful! My lungs hurt... D:

+ + +

The other night I had the strangest dream. I don't remember the whole thing, but I was on a bicycle trip with some friends [strange as I do not bicycle] and we stopped for a bit. I went and got a drink somewhere [like a bar or something] which is also strange as I do not drink. For some reason that one drink [maybe I had more without realising?] got me incredibly drunk, so that the room started spinning and whatnot and I had difficulties standing. All this time I am trying to will myself sober because, you know, I had to bicycle! My friends came and were like, "Are you drunk??" and my answer, of course, was "No! I'm not drunk!" and started trying to be sober even harder, but it wasn't working. And then I dropped my Chanel sunglasses [don't ask me why I was holding them] on the pavement, and they got really scratched. This caused me to start freaking out about that because I couldn't fix it and I was hyperventilating because I had two problems: I was so sloshed I could hardly stand up and I needed to bicycle, and my Chanel sunnies were ruined. I woke up going, 'That was weird and then went about my day.

+ + +

Tonight is Dani's birthday party! I'm gonna take the bus down to SMaV this evening at 5 o'clock. This will be the first time I'll see my first family [besides Dani] or even be in SMaV since I moved! In December! I wonder if it'll be kind of awkward because now I know that they hate me. But I don't know if they know I know. -Whatever- It is gonna be a party...in the garage, probably...it's not like I am going to have to just sit there for hours and be uncomfortable!

I had noooo idea what to get Dani [and Grazia...I missed her birthday in Feb] and so I ended up settling on these My Little Pony shower soap things [they are shaped like My Little Ponys but you pull off the head and it's a bottle of shower soap...snazzy!] and glitter heart headbands. I don't really have anything to wrap them in but whatever...I hope that they at least pretend to like them!!

+ + +

Maybe not tonight [because I am going to be gone] but soon I have to call Giuseppina and see what the huck is up with my future family situation. Up until today the most information I have had is Vale saying that I maybe probably will have to move because she is going to have to study mad hard for the big college test [which is after school gets out]. So I have been hoping I get to stay but was figuring on moving maybe mid to late May, even though that would give me not too much time wherever I end up.

However, today I was talking to Prof. Miano, and she asked me when I was moving to my new host family in Napoli. If I was a cartoon character this is when the huge question marks would start popping up over my head. "At the end of this month?" she asked. Cue eyeballs boinging and brain fizzing. Keeping a [somewhat] calm manner, I responded that I had not heard anything official from anyone, not Giuseppina, not anyone from B3C in Milan or ASS3 in the US, about changing families, that all I knew is that I might at some point.

So yeah, I fer sure need to talk to Giuseppina and see what I can find out. I don't want to move!!! I am soooo happy with this family, and even if I do have to leave them I don't want to move to Napoli! Though yes, it has loads to recommend it [actual city, vicinity to ocean, real birthplace of the pizza, high rate of Mafia-related violence, etc etc], I don't really want to leave this area. Yes, I constantly bad mouth it and complain, I know, but I am in a pretty good situation here, I have friends, I am finally getting settled and learning stuff in school, I know my way around the town and whatnot! Blahhh!

Maybe Miano doesn't know what the bejeezus she's talking about and I either don't have to move at all [hope hope hope!] or I can stay in Maddz. I dunno, though...I don't think there are any more host families around here o.O Dammit! Partly why I signed up for this particular program is so that I wouldn't have to go through this crap!! I think, at the end of this "experience" I am going to write up a proper post explaining exactly why you should not utilize this program if you would like to do a student exchange in Italy. Because it is necessary.

+ + +

Well, I should probably get a move on...class will start soon!

Wishing for stagnancy,
Bee Electric

P.S. It is raining so hard here you would not believe!! It is also thunderin' pretty heavily. Only everyone has the windows open because it is so warm! Italy is freakin' weird. OK bye bye now. xoxo B

Nessun commento: