domenica, agosto 20, 2006

Not Exactly Fresh Squeezed

To-day I woke up early and poured my way through several gallons o' Minute Maid Low-Pulp Orange Juice at the local Lions Club Pancake Breakfast. I felt very country-ish...it seemed like a small bumpkin town like thing to do. I did not, however, partake of the breakfast (pancakes [durrrr], bacon [or ham...I'm not sure], and scrambled eggs), as it is not my cup of tea, and I wasn't particularly hungry. I did, however, fill many, many Disney Princess-themed Dixie cups with orange juice. I am becoming quite the pro at this station, since I have been doing it for many a year. [Most recently was the morning before prom! When most girls were sleeping in and spending all day getting ready, I got up at 5, volunteered at the breakfast for 2 hours, then the film festival for 4 or so, spent 10 minutes getting dressed, and was off! Like a bottle rocket!] Luckily, I was able to fill cups a lot faster than they were distributed, so I was able to catch a few winks in between re-stockings. Hey, give me a break, our shift started at 7:30 AM!!

Later, I went to a lovely art festival, which is ginormous exhibit/music performances/vendors/food thing! It was delicious. And rather cold, I must admit. I had on a scarf, sweatshirt, long sleeved shirt, and knit cap, in August, and was still cold. ::sighs:: The art was pretty good, too! I'll put up pictures sometime. To eat I had a "Jumbo" hot dog, with onions and mustard, a can o' Diet Coke, and a banana split! [well, most of the split...I couldn't quite finish it]

The rest of my day was filled with plant waterin', pet feedin', Howard Zinn. Quiz: How is this different than any other day? Answer: It isn't!

Losing her edge,
Bee Electric

P.S. Tomorrow: San Francisco! Plays! Laffs! Romance! Jesus!

Nessun commento: