giovedì, novembre 09, 2006

We Shell Overcome!

Right now I am listening to Live105...it is making me miss California a lot...Because I pretty much listen to it ALL THE TIME at home. It would be lame if I didn't cry talking on the phone to my friends but then I did from listening to the radio... o.O Especially because I am in the computer lab in school lab. Man I sure do love Panic! At the disco.

Yesterday we had rotazione, so I didn't do anything during the day except for watch Spider-Man in French with English subtitles. But in the afternoon I went to the Area Rep's house, and found out what is going down with Paris and changing families and whatnot. The 25th is Christmas, obviously [though when I was talking I super-said that Christmas was the 26th...but that is because I was thinking about 3 other dates simultaneously], and I will spend that day with my current family in Santa Maria. And then the 27th I am going to the Professoressa [the Rep]'s house, and spending the night there [with all my luggage and whatnot]. Then, the next day [the 28th], all of us that are going to Paris have to take the train to Ferrera [the town near Milan that the bus leaves from], spend the night at that Area Rep's house, then get on the bus to drive to Paris. After I get back from Par, I am going to my new family's house, in Maddaloni. I am super-duper excited for Paris!! Especially 'cause I met this really cool Australian girl at the Prof's house who is also going!! And so are Gina and Franco!! Yay!! It is going to be AWESOME.

After the Prof's house we [Alex, Annette, Alanna (the Aussie), and I] went to go get ice cream at this place called "Ice Queen". Unfortunately it was closed, so we turned back and went to another place called "Il Principe". I got panna [cream] and chocolate gelato, 'cause they didn't have the kinds that I like the best. They tasted pretty good, and it was cool because Alex got this kind that had these candy bars on it, and she got a whole one. So Annette made a kind of jealous face, and, even though she didn't get that kind of gelato, the guy gave her one too. And then he dipped mine in this big glass bowl of M&Ms. Rad!

I really liked walking around Maddaloni at night, especially because it was kind of a part that I hadn't been in before, and it was pretty in the dark, with all the lights and whatnot. It made me excited to move there!

After we got our gelato, we went to Franco's house for Luca's party. You know what was/is silly? I walk by Franco's house every day and didn't know it until now. He lives on the street that I walk to get the bus home every day...

We got to the house too early for the party, so we pretty much just hung out and looked at Franco's pictures from Italy so far. I think I am going to have him burn them on to DVD for me.

When everyone finally showed up, we gathered in the dark to wait for Luca. Holy CRAP everyone sucked at being quiet! Oh my god!! To be fair, we were waiting in the basement for a billion years, but still...It was completely worth it to see Luca's face when he opened the door and we were all "SUPRISESOPRESAAUGURIBUONCUMPLEANOSHAPPYBIRTHDAYOMGWTF!!!!" He did this kind of jerky double take action. And then he came in and the festa started. There was pizza and really tasty panini, and we danced and it was fun!! I took a bunch of pictures and I hope that I can post them soon. Alex and I were pretty tired so part way through we went out and sat in office chairs in the garage and talked about her sister and tattoos and Vegas and college...it was lovely. And then we went back inside and ate cake [a really good kind that was almost like American cake], and then there was another cake that was more Italian tasting, and they put fireworks in it...and then we had some wine, and danced a little more, and they stopped Panic! At the disco half way through...and then we went home. I was really tired, but when I finally tried to go to sleep it was impossible. I lay awake for half an hour then I watched Coffee and Cigarettes until I got sleepy.

Today was pretty non-eventful. I haven't eaten anything yet, which is pretty cool. I hung out with Gina in my class first period, then I did my Italian homework during English period. Next was P.E. and Gina and I wandered the halls with cups of coffee and chocolate, trying to find our next class. I think that today our school is part Hogwarts because the classroom that is on the list and on the map so doesn't even exist. We found where we thought the door would be, but it was hella bolted shut and whatnot. Like with a padlock or two. So we went to the computer lab for 2 hours, and that is where I am right now. Listening to a promo for Not So Silent Night. Damn San Francisco...

Brought to you by Helio,
Bee Electric

Nessun commento: