martedì, novembre 07, 2006

10% Throat

So, I pretty much got the sweetest giubino [winter jacket...I have no idea how to spell it in italian] evar. Well, Alex's is pretty rad-o-licious as well, but they only had it in small. My loverly giacca is black [of course], and, though it does not have a hood, it has a huge, soft, gray fur collar. I really like it! And it was only 110€! Well, the tag proce was 125€, but they gave me a discount. They're really big on discounts here...my theory of how they can afford that is that they price everything up 10% or whatever...that way when they do give discounts they aren't losing anything, but when they don't...free money! I paid for it by credit card, which was pretty exciting, but the pen they gave me to sign the slip didn't work very well, so that kind of brough the coolest level of my first carta di credito down a little. Oh well. It is a little unsettling that they print the entire card number & expiration date on the slip...

The "ordeal" that I was talking about before was that at first, when I called Alex to see if she wanted to go shopping with me, and she was all "yeah, fer sure, I just have to get back before 6.30 because we have to go to Maddaloni tonight". So I told Dani and she said that would work and they could drive me over in a little bit. And then we had to keep running errands and stuff first and it got a little later...but then my mom kept starting to ask something about whether we were going alone and who was going with us or something, I don't even know. And then we finally got to Alex's house and they all went in with me...I don't even know what went down but then, like, me, Alex, Carmen, Dani, and my mom were all going...which meant that we couldn't go to the candy store and the camera store like I wanted to...And then my mom asked me how much I wanted to spend and I was like, "well it depends on the jacket" but she kept pressing me and asked how much I had and I was like, Jesus!!! Why do you even care??? And then she asked how much cash I had and was like, "about a hundred euros, but I have my credit card..." and I felt all uncomfortable and whatnot. And then we got to the store and at first I couldn't find one that I liked...but then I found this one and I'm glad because I heart it muchly. And I am also glad that Alex was there 'cause she was able to assure me that it didn't look too dumb.

It's funny, though, because on the inside it has a list of the seven sins with percentages next to them...you know, lust, sloth, all that jazz. Only they didn't translate "gluttony" right so it says "10% Throat". It is pretty much the coolest thing. EVER. Oh, and Hanna...it has a "Secret pocket"... o.O

Feelin' pretty cozy,
Bee Electric

Nessun commento: