martedì, novembre 21, 2006

The Information Age

Let's see...what has been going on with this ole gal since the SUPERLAME day?? Sorry I haven't been updating lately....I just have been so busy!! Okay that is a straight up lie...I haven't been busy. I haven't been busy in AGES. So pretty much I haven't been online much except for a few hours at school and lately I have been OBSESSED with the Fred Flare blog...It is pretty much my favourite thing in the WORLD right now. So yeah, I spend all my time on there.

So here are a few highlights...I don't know if I mentioned that Wednesday was our big 2 month anniversary of Fun...well, it was! So we [Me, Ale, the other Alex, Annette, Gina, and Franco, plus assorted family members (Dani couldn't go)] went to this pizzeria named "Blackout" in Maddaloni. It was pretty fun...the pizzeria was, like, underground, and it had this vaguely cave-like feel to it, which was rad. The pizza was decent, not the best, but I was pretty proud of myself for being able to order Ale's and my pizzas (she wanted a Marg with french fries and corn, I wanted my usual Marg with cotto and funghi), 'cause neither of them were on the menu. Alex and I have come to the conclusion that Franco has lame-ass taste in Pizza. 'Cause both the pizza at this place and the Due Querce, where we went the first time we all went out in Madd, Franc swore up and down was delicious, but wasn't... Hmm....

Saturday was a pretty boring day...we [Gina, Anto, Alex, Carmen, me, and Dani] were planning on going shopping in Caserta that afternoon [though I wasn't going to buy anything, having already spent too much at the mall], but my dad picked me and Dan up at school partway through the 5th hour [we had 6 that day] and we went into Caserta to get my Permisso. I was like, "Ummm...I don't have my passport or anything 'cause I didn't know we were going..." but my dad had it, which meant he kind of had to dig through my stuff to get it...hm....whatever. We went to the place, and all I had to do was Sign Here and I got the damned thing!!! I realized then that it had Santa Maria A Vico written on it...I hope to Jesus H. that I don't have to go and get another one after I move. 'Cause it took 2 freakin' months to get this one....

One cool thing was in Maddaloni we saw a few posters for Marie Antoinette...Golly GEE I want to see that movie! Kirsten Dunst is sooo purty on the poster!! Gah it looks to be a right AWESOMETASTIC film!!

But yeah, we ended up not going shopping in Caserta, 'cause Carmen's mom told Car they had to go to the Supermarket so she couldn't go which meant Dani didn't want to go which meant that Me and Alex couldn't either. I was like, Okay, whatever, and called Gina to let her know. After which my mom spent about 15 minutes explaining to me that I couldn't go to Caserta alone. I was like, "Yeah, I know, you won't even let me cross the street alone..." and that it was OK if we were with Dani and Carmen etc...blah blah blah. It's okay, though. I was eating a rather delicious cookie and therefor not paying much attention.

Alex ended up coming over just to chillax in the afternoon...we sat around watchign Groundhog Day and talking for a while...including a little bit about some drama going on with her and her sister's friends [in the OC] and her sister [in Seattle]...I was like, "This is the new age...There is drama spreading from Orange County to Seattle, and we are here in Santa Maria A Vico, Italy, talking about it..."

Dani had some friends over [Grazia, Angela, Anna, Gianni, Andrea, Giovà, and Marco], so we all got pizza from L'Anfora...I got my usual but Alex branched out a little and got a four cheese. Oops. They messed up on her pizza and it had, like, clams, mussles, and artichokes on it. I guess there wasn't anything to be done, so we just had to suck it up and eat it. Ale picked everything off it, but I felt bad so I traded her a piece of mine. We kept watching Groudhog day, and then Alex's mom called to say she was coming to pick her up in 10 minutes. I found out that Grazia was spending the night, and so I asked if Alex could to, and she was like, "Yeah, sure." So Alex tried calling her fam but they had already left.

When they got her she asked her mom and Katia was all, "No...the Professoressa said that you can't spend the night here ever again." We were like, "Why? Does that apply to all the students or just Alex at my house?" And Katia responded that she didn't care what the other students could or couldn't do. Me and Alex went back into the house to get her last piece of pizza, fuming. 'Cause that is so not even most likely true!! Why would Giuseppina say that, and not tell us?? It doesn't make any sense....

So I was pretty angry after Alex went home...though eventually the Italian Invasion came, stealing my sunglasses, so I went downstairs and the rest of the night was OK.

Sunday was fine...I was planning on washing my hair but I woke up to late and got all dressed and went downstairs to find Dani still in her PJs. She told me that we weren't going to Mass and I was like, OKay...but by then I didn't really feel like showering and getting dressed again....

At lunch I had 2 servings of pasta...which was a mistake because after dolce at our place we went over to Nadia's and had MORE dolce. I took a piece of chocolate cake [a] 'cause I like chocolate and [b] because it had these little sugar pellets on top that for some weird reason reminded me of the little garlic bits in the Trader Joe's marinated mushrooms...MMM... But then they were all "Take more! Take more!" So I carefully selected a small cookie that had chocolate in the middle...but then the uncle handed me this fatty piece of another dolce...and then Feli gave me another cookie...I almost popped...

Well I am tired of this blog entry so I shall post it!!

Just Eating a Little Too much
Bee Electric

Nessun commento: