lunedì, novembre 13, 2006

Lies and the Lying Liars...

Grrr I am kind of annoyed at my host mom right now...Alex was supposed to spend the night on Saturday night, but then couldn't. At first when I asked if she could, my mom was all "Sure if her mom says Yes than so do I", like usual. But then when Alex asked her mom, she said that my mom didn't actually want her to spend the night, that she was just saying yes to be polite or something, and that Alex couldn't go. I asked Dani about that, and she was like, "No, that's not true, it is really OK." So then when I called Alex later to see when she was coming over, she was like, "Pretty soon, as soon as I can get a ride." Two hours later, I called her again, but as I was dialling my mom came in and asked who I was calling. When I said "Alex", she said something but I couldn't understand because the phone was ringing and Katia [Ale's mom] picked up. So I asked for Ale and as soon as she picked up I had to tell her to hold on and find out what my mom was saying. Turns out she was telling me that Ale wasn't coming over, so when I figgered that out I asked Ale about it, and apparently my mom had called her house an hour beofre, when Ale was all packed and ready to go, and told her that she had misunderstood the question earlier, and that Ale couldn't come over because we were doing something on Sunday. That kind of confused and bothered me because [a] no one had told me that Ale wasn't coming over and I had been getting all antsy and excited, and [b] no one had mentioned that we were doing anything on Sunday. So I hung up feeling kind of let down.

Because Alex wasn't coming over, I figured I'd just chill out and watch Lord of the Rings that evening. Dani had told me that they were just staying in instead of going out that night, so I didn't anticipate any thing exciting. But when Gra and Anna came up to my room all dressed up, I was like, Okaaaay, I'm down for just dressing up for no reason, I do it all the time. So they had me come down to the basement with them, and then Angela showed up, and then the boys started showing up, until there were 8 whole people down there! All dressed up all nice and shiny...then there was me with my sweatshirt and all sleepy and whatnot. It wasn't too bad of an evening, but waaaaay different from what I was expecting and wanted. And they ended up sticking around, too, until I finally extracted myself at about midnite, at which time I was really really tired and fell asleep during LotR. Plus Anna made me eat a plate full of potato chips. :-(

We didn't end up doing much on Sunday, pretty much just went to Gra's for a bit, went to church, came home, ate lunch, Gra came over, did some homework [I worked on my photos], then went to a party later. Nothing whatsoever that Ale's spending the night before would have conflicted with. I did hear my mom say something to Dani and her reply with something about homework, so I thought that maybe she had planned on us going someplace but then Dan had too much homework. But then when I asked Dani this morning why Ale couldn't spend the night, she said that Katia had said No. Which so wasn't even true. I don't blame Dani...maybe her mom told her that...she still seems to like me, and is nice to me. Not like Carmen is to Alex. But that doesn't change the fact that Alex couldn't spend the night and no one has been honest about why. I wish they would just tell me if they thing she has been spending the night too much or something. I wouldn't be offended or anything, I would more be thankful that they gave me a decent reason instead of making up stuff....

Alex damn well better be able to sleep over at least one more time...she is leaving in a month, for Chrissakes. The next [and hopefully not, but probably, the last] sleepover we have is going to be all out decadent. As soon as we have word that it is okay, we are stocking up on cookies and candy, and then buying pizza that night. We'll borrow King Kong from Alessio, and maybe watch Lost in Translation or the Virgin Suicides again. Got-dang I am going to miss Ale after she leaves. Sometimes I feel rotten for hanging out with an American so much, but I do it because I really really really like her, not because she is an American. Whatever. Half of the exchange students are leaving after January, anyways, so I really am going to have to make Italian friends. Or be a loner. Whatever. Right now I am staring down the barrel of 7 months of all day in the computer lab...I can already feel my brain turning to mush...

Planning trips to Bainbridge,
Bee Electric

Nessun commento: