lunedì, novembre 13, 2006

Reggianoisty

So, Saturday, we went to the Reggia di Caserta, which is this HUGE royal palace that they built a while ago to try and beat Versailles. I guess the general consensus is that it didn't, though I do think it might be bigger, and the folk that started its building died a-fore it finished, as seems to happen a lot. One of the guide books I read in California was all "durr ugly durrr" but I don't know, I thought it looked pretty rad, from the outside. We just paid for the gardens this time, but I hope that we can go inside at some point.

Alex was supposed to come, but she ended up not being able to, so it was just me, Dani, Gina, Antonella and Mikele [Gina's bro and sis], Valeria [my future sis] and V's boyfriend. All the Italians just wanted to sit on the grass and do nothing, so Gina and I started walking down the path that goes through the middle of the gardens. I say "gardens", but it was really more of a park. A long path, with lawn on either side, flanked by trees. Once in a while you'd come across a fountain or somthing, and that would have flowers etc around it, but it wasn't the fancy gardens you might expect.

There are three waterfalls along the path, but, as the farthest [and, apparently, the prettiest] is an hour's walk, we only made it to the first one. Not to mention it was pretty hot and sunny, and we both had our winter jackets, as it had been quite chilly that morning. I took LOADS of pictures, and hopefully will get to share them all with you soon.

When we got back from walking, the kids were still lolling on the grass, and Gina was pretty hungry, so we went on a Grand Adventure to find some food in Caserta. Luckily I have a sense of direction like a rat, and we were able to find our way to the Green Garden [where we were headed], even though we came out of the Reggia on a different street than we expected to. The snack place next to the Green Goblin [which I am just going to write, because that is what I say in my head...yes, I do realise that I have watched Spider-Man too many times] didn't have sandwiches [what Gina had a hankering for], so we went back to the "Gran Margherita Cafe", which is on this big piazza circle thing. I had walked by it several times before, but never gone in. Gina got a "Panino Napoletano" and I got a hot dog. Gina's sammy was pretty good, I guess. My hot dog was alright...It was all wrapped up in this pastry thing...strange. Our Cokes were rediculously over priced...but that is pretty typical. After lunch we went to the G-Gob and got some gelato...I haven't been there in a while and I forgot how got-damn expensive it is...for just a little bit! But it is super-delish. And then we returned to the GMC and ate a really cute lemon pastry thing...I took a pic of it...

When we got back to the Regg they were all "z0mg where were you!" and we were like..."getting food"...whatever. We chillaxed there for another hour or so, then me and Dan went to take the bus home.

I guess God is still punishing me for getting my visa super easily, because we went to the Questura [for, like, the 5th time] to pick up my Permission of Stay, and it wasn't ready. I guess the stamp, like, broke, or something. So we have to go back again. I really hope that I don't have to register with the popos again when I change families, because, by the looks of it, I will still be working on this one by that time.

Man I so wanna bleach my hair white blonde. Though it would probably turn to dust if I did that...I guess I'll have to settle with black. I'm putting off fixing my roots until right before Paris, just so I don't have to go twice before then. 'Cause I am so not even Frenching it up with brown roots. What-ever!!

Wanting to buy out Fred Flare,
Bee Electric

Nessun commento: